Posted by : Zabran Adam Monday 28 October 2013


For this post, I decided to say a thing or two about Mischief, a new sketching/drawing/painting software. For hidden purposes, I will only touch upon the pen functions and whatnot, no colouring or painting will be touched upon. I probably will do another one if I feel like  it.

What makes it different?

 Infinite Definition


Well, each stroke you do is basically a vector, you can zoom all day erry day and it won’t get pixelated and stuff, clean sharp lines all the way.

Infinite Canvas

Well, unlike some drawing software, where you need to set the canvas size before you start, Mischief doesn’t. You start at the center, and you draw whatever you want. No need to worry about not fitting the canvas, your canvas is unlimited!
No 'borders' to worry about, for imagination is limitless....sometimes

Unlimited zoom


Well, yes, you can zoom all day erry day, so you can create crazy detailed artworks, or make drawings inside drawings or something…hell, I don’t know ._.
Lets zoom in!
I should probably stop now
As you can see, in finite zoom...and sharp  lines like a vector, even after that kind of magnification

 My Experience

I decided to try it…well, it feels quite nice!
Somehow, the response I got when using with my drawing tablet is really good. It feels,,,I don’t know..more natural? I had a great time sketching and doodling stuff, and unlimited canvas means my creative output is not limited by ‘not having enough paper left’. The pressure detection is superb too!
The tools are rather simplistic, not many choices of brushes. There is also the lack of many shortcuts (which is quite annoying), very simple layering system and non-existent tools to control brightness and contrast and all that.
I searched for a pen stabilizer function, which is a must for me when it comes to drawing with a tablet (and PS CS6 still doesn’t have it, wth?!), and I can’t find it.  But there is a ‘Freehand curve smoother’ under the preferences.  It did make my curve lines neat, but I still prefer a stabilizer like in Paint Tool SAI.

It really gives SAI a run for it's money when it comes to line art...but alas SAI's stabilizer function is still the top.

It's good for design concept sketches too!

Sooo…?

Those aside, I enjoyed it, and it’s a definitely a keeper in my book. Who knows, perhaps in the future, they will be better upgrades? I recommend this for anyone who love sketch or do line art, which I think, in most parts, it excels brilliantly. So grab the trial (http://www.madewithmischief.com/) and try it yourself. Do comment and share your opinions with me. And with that, till next time!


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

>
<

Pages

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Clarke's Three Laws

  1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Popular Posts

Featured Posts

About Me

My photo
Im Zabran, and I like to talk about alot of stuff (mostly related to my interests) but not necessarily, hence my blog's name. So watch out!

Total Pageviews

Followers

- Copyright © 2013 zCreative Journal - DJogzs - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -